Searching for autism information on the web can be overwhelming. The word “autism” alone results in over 64 million hits on Google. So, where do you turn to for the most relevant information and resources when there are so many different options? Here are some helpful websites which will give parents tips on managing your child with Autism
- www.autismspeaks.org -One of the leading autism science and advocacy organizations. Autism Speaks provides a comprehensive resource guide for all states. The site also boasts an impressive list of apps that parents may find useful, including games that focus on communication and social skills.
- www.autism-society.org -Another great site that includes helpful resources for those with autism, family members, as well as professionals. Autism Society also gives updates on the latest autism news and press releases.
- www.disabilityscoop.com – Sign up for Disability Scoop’s e-mail news to receive the most current updates on developmental disabilities. Disability Scoop’s experts have been cited by multiple online news sites, including USA Today and People.com.
- www.autismnj.org -Run by a network of professionals and parents, Autism New Jersey strives to provide New Jersey residents affected by autism with the most up to date information, including info on Health Care and insurance mandates in New Jersey.
- www.autism.com– The Autism Research Institute focuses on researching the causes of autism, as well as developing safe and effective treatments for those currently affected by the disorder.
- www.autismweb.com – Managed by parents, AutismWeb includes great insights on different autism teaching methods. The site also provides a forum where parents can go to share their stories, give updates on their children’s progress, and share recipes that may be useful for picky eaters.
- www.ahany.org – The Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Association website offers some great resources for those with higher functioning autism. Ahany also provides a great list of summer programs and day camps in New York, as well as useful questions to ask when choosing a camp or summer program for your special needs child.
- www.autismhwy.com -Started by a woman whose son was diagnosed with autism, Autism Highway is both informative and fun. Easy to navigate, Autism Highway provides an extensive list of Autism related events and specialists. In addition, Autism Highway includes many fun games that children are sure to enjoy!
- www.autismbeacon.com – Also started by the parent of a child with autism, Autism Beacon strives to supply the best resources for autism treatments. Autism Beacon presents a lengthy range of articles on autism, including sensitive topics such as bullying and sexuality.
- www.autism.healingthresholds.com – Healing Thresholds includes information on many different therapy treatments for children with autism. The site focuses on the top 12 used by parents, but also includes useful information on nearly 100 additional therapies.