Behaviour therapy is based on the simple concept of positive reinforcement for desired behaviours, consequences or planned ignoring for undesired behaviours. It is beneficial for children with Autism, ADHD, Learning disabilities and Mental Retardation.
Behaviour analysis is a scientifically validated approach to understanding behaviour and how it is affected by the environment. This is the first therapy required for a child with Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Down syndrome, Learning Disabilities, Anxiety and Depression.
For Behavior Therapy to be successful, expectations and rules need to be set and it has to be implemented at home, Therapy center, school and society. At Arivu, Parents will learn how to set and enforce rules, help their child understand what he/she needs to do, use discipline effectively, and encourage good behavior. Your child will learn better ways to control his behavior as a result. Parents will learn how to be more consistent.
A child with Behavior issues will
- Will not be able to follow rules and regulations at home and surroundings
- Be aggressive with other children or cry non-stop
- Will cling only to one person even after being in the same environment for a great period of time
- have trouble changing from one activity to the next;
- flap hands, rock, spin or stare;
- get upset by certain sounds and people
- like only a few foods;
- have limited and unusual interests-for example, talk about only one topic or keep staring at one toy.
For more information on the above mentioned issues, please check our Educational videos and Informative articles section